Are you looking to purchase a business in the near future? It may be time for you to get in on one of the biggest trends in business investing at the moment–buying Amazon FBA online businesses. If you haven’t heard of this growing business opportunity yet, you owe it to yourself to read on.
What Is an Amazon FBA Online Business? FBA stands for Fulfillment by Amazon. Basically, it’s a method of selling some type of product online at the Amazon online store. Merchants make their products available for customers to buy. Transactions are completed through Amazon’s secure shopping cart network. Then, Amazon’s employees fill the order from their fulfillment centers, handling the packing and shipping as well as the customer service inquiries. Amazon receives a portion of the sale for doing this service, and the business receives the rest. From the customer’s standpoint, the process is just like buying from Amazon. Many people do not even realize when they are buying from an Amazon FBA online business or from Amazon directly.
Benefits of Buying an Amazon FBA Online Business Amazon FBA online businesses are becoming increasingly popular among investors for a number of reasons. Here are some of the top reasons that you should consider buying one:
- Unlimited Potential When you’re purchasing an online business, there is always a worry about how large you can potentially make your business. For the average small business, there quickly comes a time when it’s just not possible to grow the business anymore because there is a lack of ability to scale. When a company simply can’t logistically process more orders, it can be really bad and hurt the momentum, resulting in a potential loss of customers for good – not just a loss of orders in the moment. With an Amazon FBA online business, there is really no limit on how many orders can be fulfilled on a daily basis, provided the company can continue to produce inventory at a sufficient pace. When capacity is reached with one product, more can be added with ease, as Amazon can easily support the extra orders with their huge team of employees. All the business has to do is keep supplying Amazon with more inventory.
- Appeal What do you love to do? What are you interested in? Chances are there is an Amazon FBA business that’s related to it. Prospective online business buyers who love the outdoors can spend their days selling fishing gear or sporting equipment. Foodies can sell gourmet items, cookware and specialty appliances. Sci-fi geeks can make a living selling books and gadgets. Amazon is a true super store that sells virtually anything imaginable, giving you the opportunity to get into a business that you will actually enjoy and be able to make a living at. You can also do this from virtually anywhere in the world! The appeal of virtual warehousing doesn’t lock a company into a specific location.
- No Customer Acquisition Costs Amazon is the most popular e-commerce site in the world. They already have millions of people logging in every day, so you don’t need to invest money in attracting customers to your online website. In fact, you don’t need to maintain your own business website at all. Everything can be conducted through Amazon, keeping your costs to an absolute minimum. There are interested buyers in every category and Amazon is motivated to push them towards FBA products and other sellers on the marketplace so Amazon does a bit of marketing themselves – even more money savings for you!
- No Manufacturing Costs Today, there are third-party manufacturers who are anxious to sell their products through retailers. In nearly every possible niche, you can find a manufacturer who is eager to sell. As a result, you won’t have to worry about manufacturing items as a part of your FBA online business. You only need to be able to recognize a high quality product that has real appeal to a set target market. Just be sure to find one that meets your quality standards, as consumers look to Amazon product reviews to gauge whether or not they should buy a product. A poor quality item will stand out quickly.
- No Order Fulfillment Hassles You will never have to worry about packing a box, tracking shipments or dealing with customers who are upset about how their orders arrived when you have an Amazon FBA business. Amazon is responsible for every aspect of the shipping process, including the customer service inquiries.
- Ability to Branch Out Through Other Channels Perhaps one of the best things about owning an Amazon FBA business is that you’re not locked into only sell through Amazon’s marketplace. The agreement gives you the flexibility to sell through other channels as well. You can sell through social media and use other marketplace sites to sell your merchandise or launch your own website if you wish. No matter where buyers complete the transactions, Amazon will fulfill the orders for you for a relatively small fee. Again, you don’t even need a website – you can just direct the consumer to your Amazon store to complete the transaction.
While you can launch a startup and become an Amazon FBA online business, most investors prefer to purchase one that is already up and running, so that they can earn income sooner. An online business broker can help you find an Amazon FBA Online Business to purchase and can help you find one that is being offered at a fair price with good potential for growth. To speak with one of our Internet business brokers about current opportunities, give us a call today.